The sooner you start building relationships with professionals the better! Through sharing their knowledge from experience, professionals can help you develop the skills you need in order to lead a successful and rewarding career. From providing guidance, to answering questions, to helping you get your foot in the door for an internship, Pine Belt PRAM membership is your connection to the professional realm of public relations.
Student membership is offered at a discounted rate, but comes with all the same benefits as the professional membership. As a student member of Pine Belt PRAM, you are also a member of the Southern Public Relations Foundation.
The William E. “Bud” Kirkpatrick Student Scholarship
The Pine Belt Chapter of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi is seeking applicants for our $500 student scholarship. The application deadline is April 1.
- Any registered university communications student or junior college student who plans to major in communications or a related field in good standing at The University of Southern Mississippi, William Carey University, Pearl River Community College, or Jones County Junior College with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Eligible students should submit the following:
- A one-page statement of purpose, including reason for pursuing a public relations or related career and information about community service and extracurricular activities.
- A one-page resume.
- Two examples of student work and/or coursework.
- This can include public relations materials such as brochures, speeches, newsletters, or press release or academic research papers.
- Examples must include an explanation of the circumstances under which the plan was developed. For example, was it part of a class assignment, an internship, or a work assignment?
- The samples should be scanned as images and emailed with the application.
- Two letters of reference.
- One letter must be from a faculty member who verifies the student GPA.
- The second letter may be from a second faculty member or a work supervisor.
Applications must be submitted by April 1, 2019 to Scholarship Chair Stacy Ahua.
The judging committee consists of three public relations practitioners outside the academic community. The winner will be announced at the May chapter meeting.
For a full description of membership benefits, visit our Membership Web page.