Thank you for your interest in joining Pine Belt PRAM!
This professional organization will provide you with a network of public relations professionals from throughout the greater Hattiesburg area to connect with, learn from and inspire. While you may already have many of the tools you need to be successful in public relations, it is important in our profession to stay connected with your community and stay educated on topics related to our field. Pine Belt PRAM is your organization to accomplish that.
Who can be a member?
Membership is open to individuals who are in the field of public relations (practitioner or educator) or pursuing a career of public relations. A public relations practitioner is considered an individual who communicates with one or more specific publics in the interest of brokering goodwill between an employer, company, client, governmental agency or other entity and its publics. The primary role of the practitioner is to communicate the function, purpose and message of an organization to specific publics.
A public relations practitioner may have one or multiple of these different job responsibilities: account management, advertising, business owner, communications management, community relations, crisis management, education, fundraising, special event planning, government affairs, graphic design, marketing communications, media relations, organizational spokesperson, strategic communication, website/social media management and writing.
Educators and students are also encouraged to join Pine Belt PRAM to continue to expand the breadth of knowledge and connections shared within the organization.
Pine Belt PRAM does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or ethnic or cultural background.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Monthly luncheons featuring speakers on topics of interests
- Monthly Coffee Talks
- Annual workshops
- Monthly PRAMeGram Newsletter
- Monthly luncheons with fellow public relations professionals
- Connection to the area’s professionals
- Connection to other professionals throughout the state
- Social media connections
- Chapter support of future public relations professionals through student scholarships
- Chapter support of “The Campaign for Mass Comm” (School of Mass Communication and Journalism at Southern Miss)
- Various community service projects throughout the year
- Membership in the Southern Public Relations Federation (SPRF connects public relations professionals throughout the southern states including Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida).
Dues and Application
The process for joining Pine Belt PRAM is quite simple. Complete and submit the online form linked below. Once your application is received, it is reviewed by the Pine Belt PRAM Board of Directors for approval. After your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted by the Vice President of membership. If your application is approved, membership dues are due at that time.
Membership dues are:
$75 – Corporate/Business (Organization owns and may transfer membership to another
individual within the organization if desired)
$75 – Individual (Individual owns and retains membership)
$25 – Student (Must be a full-time undergraduate student)
Etiquette of Being a Pine Belt PRAM Member
- Members ensure their position is in public relations or a field involving the use of public relations techniques. If your position or occupational duties change, members of the board should be notified.
- Although we support fellow members in their endeavors, directly soliciting to members is discouraged. There will be an opportunity to formally address the membership prior to each meeting.
- As a member of Pine Belt PRAM, you are expected to adhere to the Code of Ethics.
Just with any other professional organization, you get out of it what you put into it. Being an active member of Pine Belt PRAM will allow you to see the most benefits – from networking to professional development.